Saturday, May 07, 2005

Sleep Deprivation

I haven't slept much in the last two days. Well, who am I kidding, in the last 9 years! But here lately it hasn't really been my fault.

My neighbors have three dogs. Two little poodle types and a mystery puppy. Night time is their time, apparently. My bedroom window is close to their yard. They put said mystery pup in a crate, at night, by their fence, by my window. They seem like nice enough people. They are a quiet couple,with two fairly quiet kids. But every once in awhile they do weird stuff.

Last year they put a rabbit in a cage up against my fence. I have two dogs, a German Shep mix, and a dachsund. He was losing his little weiner head over this. He barked all high pitched and crazy, he almost dug a hole under the fence. I finally went over to see what he was freakin out over. I look through a tiny hole and see a rabbit in a cage. I am surprised the rabbit was even alive. I mean my dog had been barking so loud, and digging frantically towards this poor rabbit for 2 days. Zane finally asked them to move the cage.

But now, for over a week I haven't been able to go over there and just tell them about how loud their dogs are at all hours of the night and early morning. I even slept on the couch last night, and still I heard them. Zane won't do it because he isn't here most nights. (working...) he sleeps like a dead man anyway. He tells me to call the police.

It seems like an easy thing to do. I've never been good with confrontation. I guess I will just find the non emergency number and have it on hand tonight.

Meanwhile, my weiner dog has had his way with their front lawn every morning this week.