Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Y'all Look at This Here Tumbleweed!


Okay, its official. I am homesick!

This morning I had to take our van to the muffler place and then to get inspected. I got to the muffler place, and the guys were friendly enough, but not really. There was no extra conversation. There was no "How you doing today, gal?" No what do ya call it...Hospitality. Back home the hospitality was rampant. You couldn't set foot in a place of business without getting a full dose of extra conversation. I miss that.

After the muffler place I went on to the inspection station. All they do there is state inspections, no garage work if your car doesn't pass. Again, no extra hospitality there either. Its not like I was quiet either. I'm a chatty girl.

This is not the first day I have realized that its different here than in West Texas. I realized that when we moved here 5 years ago. But people here were friendly enough, so I was content.

Maybe this why this blog thing is so addictive. Its all about the extra conversation. Its all about other people stopping by to say hello. I love to here from folks that are from where I am from, or like where I am from. So far, my computer has kept from being so homesick.

Perhaps a visit is in order. I haven't been home in 2 years. The last time we went we enjoyed it because we saw new stuff and old favorites. We were happy to see that our little (pop.93,000) town wasn't dying, but actually thriving out in the middle of nowhere. Home is only a 7 hour drive away. I guess in the meantime I will just keep blogging and planning the trip back.