Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Spiritual Weekend in Waco

...Now who on earth wouldn't want to eat at a place called Buzzard Billy's?

What a weekend! We had planned to drive to Kentucky to see my mom during the kid's spring break. But she has recently moved into a new condo and isn't settled and unpacked enough to entertain us all. So that is postponed until June.

We started the day by going to the Texas Ranger Museum and Hall of Fame. The only other plans were to go out to lunch then drive out to see family. Right after lunch we were headed back toward the freeway when we spotted it. There, in all its splendor, was the most beautiful museum I had ever seen in my entire lifetime. The Smithsonian, the Gugenheim, the Louvre...all Crap! That's right folks, this was the DR. PEPPER MUSEUM!



You see, Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco, Texas. And people wonder why we Texans are so proud...We invented Dr. Pepper for Pete's sake! This building happens to be the original 1906 Artesian Manufacturing and Bottling Company Building. It has 3 floors worth of Dr. Pepper artifacts. It was so beautiful. Really...words aren't enough. I'll leave you with the few pictures I managed to take.