Thursday, April 27, 2006

Boooooooorrriing.


I'm bored as hell and I can't take it anymore!

In addition to writer's block I have a chronic case of sheer boredom. I mean really, nothing is entertaining to me today. Or yesterday, or the day before. (except all my favorite bloggers. I love your blogs.)

I had a teacher once tell me that only stupid people are bored. She meant well, but it didn't really help me conquer those feelings at the time. But her comments did blaze into my subconsciousness, so that every time I do feel bored I think I also feel stupid. Ahh teachers...thank God for them.

Don't get me wrong, I love my children. I love my husband. I am somewhat content in my life as it is right now. But I feel like maybe I should be shaking things up. Trying something totally new. Or trying something old that I used to like to do. Like roller skating. Man , I loved to skate. I discovered a few months ago that even though I am much bigger than I was at age 10, I can still do it. I was at a birthday party for my son's school mate. My son can't skate so I donned a pair of 4 wheel rentals to attempt to teach him how. I did great. He hugged the rails. It was cute. I didn't want to leave. I felt like a kid again.

Maybe this weekend I can talk my family into going to the skating rink and trying it out. I'll take the camera so we can all get a laugh! Now there's a good future post.