Friday, November 18, 2005

MMMM....Cocktails

I haven't been feeling myself lately. And if you really really knew me you might say that is a good thing! I have BiPolar. There, I said it. I am back on drugs for it, and I am enjoying them quite well. So maybe I could say I am feeling better than myself? Or, I hadn't been feeling myself for 2 years and now I am?

There is no one magic pill for this particular disorder, so I always end up trying a few things. Sort of like a prescription cocktail. Only not as tasty as a real cocktail. I finally got on something that addresses my anger "issues." The good doctor said it would work in 5 minutes. I laughed it off, but it was TRUE. Its fabulous. Its not that it prevents me from getting angry at all, it just prevents me from completely losing it. But not so much that I don't care about anything at all. As Goldilocks would say, its juuuust right.

I haven't found a drug that I have become addicted to yet. (Not even Vicodin!) But if this would make me feel as good as it did the first week, I could see myself always wanting it. The first week is always the most interesting.

And in other news, the hubster doesn't get Thanksgiving day off, so we will be staying in town. I'll console myself with the fact that I will get to do some much needed Christmas shopping the next day. There should be some good sales. We will have our daughters with us this Thanksgiving, so that also takes the sting out of not getting to go home that day.

I hope everyone who reads this blog has a wonderful Thanksgiving. There is so much to be thankful for!